How to apply
To request MIA accreditation, fill in the online form from July 16th 2015.
September 18th 2015: if you register by September 18th 2015, your professional details will be included in online documentation as well as in the printed Industry Guide.
September 25th 2015: Deadline for application for a Market Badge. Your professional details will be included in the online materials but not in the printed Industry Guide.
MIA accreditation is open to:
- World sales
- Buyers (Theatrical/Home Video/TV/VOD Distributors)
- TV Content Creators
- Commissioning editors
- TV Content Buyers
- National or regional institutions for audiovisual promotion which handle marketing and international sales
- Trade associations
- Audiovisual Support funds/financing
- Film Commissions
- Law Firms
- Technical Industries
- Game Developers
Applicants may apply for only one accreditation and in a single category. Accreditation is personal and non-transferable.
A limited number of accreditations will be issued, so applying does not constitute or guarantee accreditation.
Accreditation requests will be processed on a first-come first-served basis. Fondazione Cinema per Roma will confirm successful applications by email.
Accreditation requires full acceptance of and compliance with MIA regulations and those of the Rome Film Fest governing admission to the Official Selection screenings. Any violations risk the badge being withdrawn.
Please note that people under the age of 18 cannot be admitted to screenings.
Accreditations are issued at the sole discretion of the Director of MIA.
To apply for a MIA accreditation, please fill in the online application form available at the link below from July 16th 2015, providing full and up-to-date information.
You will need the following information and documents to complete the application, especially if this is your first time at MIA and you have never previously been registered with The Business Street.
- Personal details (name, address, direct line and mobile, email);
- A passport-sized photo in jpeg format (in case the applicant has been already accredited at The Rome Film Fest there is no need to send a new one);
- Recent Titles, acquired, distributed, sold and/or produced (Please insert titles only. International titles are preferable, if already existing);
- A short company profile (200 characters max);
- A short CV
- A letter of references on company letterhead
- A letter from your law firm confirming that you work in the audiovisual sector
Accreditation Fees and services
The MIA badge costs EUR 230 (VAT Included) and offers the following benefits:
- exclusive access to terraces at Boscolo Exedra and lounge reserved for meetings of registered professionals;
- market screenings;
- access to the video library set up in collaboration with RAI Com and WCP Media Services, featuring the titles presented at the market, the documentaries included in the Doc/it library, TV Series, previous works of NCN directors and films selected in the official sections of the Rome Film Fest;
- admission to all Rome Film Fest’s official screenings (subject to availability);
- access to the networking lunches, conferences and PR events organized by MIA;
- access to all information about participants, films, TV Series, Documentaries, the screening schedule, the panel programme and events agenda (access to restricted areas of the website as well as the printed Industry Guide);
- listing of professional details in the Industry Guide (if the accreditation is registered by September the 18th 2015)
- access to the list of projects selected for New Cinema Network and Italian Doc Screenings and fast-tracking for meetings with project representatives;
- for NCN, IDS, TV Days, Agorà invited participants: meeting plan individually tailored to participants’ needs and according to the event format;
- free Wi-Fi and internet access;
- access to support from MIA staff before and during the event.
Online credit card payments can be accepted until October 6th 2015, or payment can be made by cash or credit/debit card when picking up the accreditation.
Accreditation is valid for the duration of MIA and of the Rome Film Fest. It must be displayed at all times and shown, when requested, to official personnel in all areas of MIA and the Rome Film Fest. Anyone found wearing a badge that is not in their own name will have the badge confiscated permanently.
Picking up your accreditation
On October 14th and 15th, accreditation may be picked up on presentation of a valid identity document at the Accreditation Desk at the Rome Film Fest offices and from October 16th at the Boscolo Exedra Hotel (dates and opening times will be provided in the accreditation confirmation letter and on the website a few weeks in advance). Accreditations can also be picked up by proxies upon presentation of written authorisation and photocopies of the proxy’s identity document and the applicant’s identity document.
Accreditation Office: email@example.com
The above information is subject to change without notice.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org